Recently, I have been working on developing the installer on Windows. The development tool is Inno script studio, and the compilation tool is Inno setup. Here is some reference information during development.
Here is a website I recommend to introduce the tips and tricks.
- Tips and Tricks: http://www.mirality.co.nz/inno/tips.php
Several serious things should be mentioned:
- 64 bit and 32 bit files system are so confused. With the architecture install in 64 mode=x64, all the files which are described in [files] and other sectors will also be copied into 32 bit file system
- isd files provides the ability of making each page as a single module
- It seems that there is no private/public functions.
- It cannot read the file correctly with the mismatched encoding. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1259084/what-encoding-code-page-is-cmd-exe-using
- StringTokenizer: https://gist.github.com/lextm/3185788
WMIC: is another thing which is involved in the installer development.I will document it here: http://www.computerhope.com/wmic.htm
Example of WMIC: http://linuxfanatic.wordpress.com/2009/08/27/examples-of-wmic/
As the output from command line is in Unicode, I have to convert it to ASCII because of the inno setup. I used “type <source file> > <destination file>”